Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Vodafone Comedy Festival

RICK O'SHEA from 2FM blogging for Bewley's Hotels.

"My choice is this year’s Vodafone Comedy Festival in the Iveagh Gardens for a few reasons. I go to comedy far more than gigs these days and the festival is a brilliant excuse to spend a day (or two depending on your budget!) catching genuinely great acts one after another in a brilliant, brilliant setting. I have to be honest, I can weave off to the Dart at the end of the night as well which, for me, is a bonus. I’m too old for camping.
I was asked to maybe pick a few people I might be seeing as well but that’s impossible – you have everyone from people I’ve never heard of before to people I’ve seen many times like Neil Delamere, Dara O’Briain, David O’Doherty, Colin Murphy, Abie Philbin-Bowman. The fun is more in those I’ve never seen before…

My advice? Go early, soak up the ambiance at the bars and get a bite before you hi the tents. Book more than one show because, believe me, if you only go to one and love it, you’ll wish you could be going to more. Big stuff tends to book out early.
Keep an eye out for 2FM as well, we’re doing a bunch of live shows from there that weekend including mine.

My Top 5 tips for the Vodafone Comedy Festival:
1.    Go see someone you don’t know. Seriously, Get outside your
       comfort zone, you never know who you might end up loving!
2.    Bring sunscreen – it’s an outdoor festival in Ireland in the Summer, you’ll spend time out in the
       open having a beer or a glass of wine and eating in the glorious sunshine between acts. Be
       prepared.
3.    Bring wellies – it’s an outdoor festival in Ireland in the Summer, you’ll spend time out in the
       open having a beer or a glass of wine and eating in the pouring rain between acts. Be prepared.
4.    Bring snowshoes – it’s an…. Well you get the idea.
5.    Always *always* be in time for the support and the MC. Some of the best experiences I’ve had
       over the years have been before the main act hits the stage!"


www.bewleyshotels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment